Friday, October 19, 2012

About California Drivers


By Junyang Wu(YangYang)

I want to talk about California drivers because I was really shocked by two car accidents in these two weeks.
On Oct 19th, there's a big car accident happened on 60 East Freeway at noon, it caused 1 died and three injured. The big truck crushed and hited other three trucks .When I drive to the 60 East about 7 o'clock, the traffic is still stuck on the freeway. Not only because the police still work on cleaning the freeway, but also everyone on the freeway drove slowly in order to see the accident. The other car accident I 'd like to talk was happened on 60 west Freeway on Oct13th. This one I was really shocked because it happened just in front of me. When I were driving at that time, the car was out of contol and it cross from the first lane to the last lane, and it crashed just in front of my car. I would be hited if I drove little bit fast. That is my first time that really close to a car accident.
Since I got the drive licenses on February, I think people's driving habits in California are much better than in China. People in California will follow the traffic rules even the traffic lights doesn't work. However, I think there are still some bad driving habits in California. I found that people in California always like to watch what has happened on the street while they're driving. When they do this action, they always will reduce the normal speed automatically. This is a main reason that cause the traffic- jam.Another  problem is that some people like to slow their speed by purpose in the car poor lane and sometimes the big trucks like to use the car poor lane but they can not drive fast. Another problem is that some people like to keep changing  the lanes without turn on the signal light. I think those problems are the main  cause to car accidents.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi YangYang!I agree with your opinion that the two reasons often caused traffic accident. I think there is another factor which is dangerous for divers.The first one is loud music.I found most divers in California like to listen loud music in cars.Sometimes it's even difficult to talking with each other, so if they meet emergence, they may can't hear the alarm. By: Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. by:Rain

    I have driven in both China and California,and I agree with you very much. Generally speaking,driving in California is much easier than driving in China. Not only because the drivers here obey the rules, but also the walkers on the road can follow the rules consciously.

    ReplyDelete