Monday, November 12, 2012

The Special Transportation In Riverside

BY; Amy
When I came to America, I had to take some public transportation. The place that I was living in is Riverside, which is located in Southern California of America, a center of dessert. The fact I want to clarify is that there are some special transportation for me to take, including both advantages and disadvantages. To my most impressing, the RTA and Metro link always drive me crazy.
       First of all, I always go to some place which I want by RTA, whose full name is Riverside transit association, an important pivot of transportation in Riverside. A good advantage is that the bus stop schedule is very accurate. Thus, it can tell me when the next bus will come in the stop that I have to wait. A furthermore advantage is that the bus shows its humanity, such as helping handicap to take the bus, supplying service to load passengers’ bicycle and so on. On the contrary, if I probably miss the bus which I want to catch, I will have to wait the next one for an hour at least. What an inconvenient bus it is! However, it is special for me to take it which is based on advantages and disadvantages.
       Second, Metro link is another public transportation I have ever used for one time, which has many characteristics. It is a kind of train that some workers usually go to metropolis for working by taking it. What’s more, I am very confused that the schedules of Metro link are diversity that links the whole Southern California. Because I am an international student without private car, it is a perfect way to travel to some place by taking Metro link.
     
    In summary, Riverside transportations gave me unforgettable memory in my life. I very glad to use it to travel to some place even though they have both advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, it is much particular for me to take the Riverside public transportations in America.

7 comments:

  1. Don't you think the public transportation in Riverside is very poor? I have used it for only one time. It is really unconvenient if you don't have a car here!I really believe that no car no life.

    by:Rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes exactally we should rent a car for going out, it always drives me crazy

      Delete
  2. According to me, that was great time for you to use the public transportation system. I also always like to use public transportation. So, thank you very much for sharing such a great information.

    Best Moving Company Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Rustam Rakhmetov
    Hi Amy! I think this problem worries not only you but also many students. I like that bus transpartation has a schedule, and I know when I should stay on bus station to wait my bus. Recently, I spoke with my Koreian fried. She told me about Koreian transportation sytem and she thinks that it the best around the world because people can use any public trasport to achoeve any place they want. What will you do to implove the treansportation system in Riverside?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Public transportation offers you many choices. It offers you some time to reflect and analyze the life around you and be more in touch with people from different walks of life.

    Car Hire UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. By Junyang

    Public transportation all over southern California is horrible. Especially if one compares SoCal public transportation with the public transportation systems in any Asian, or European big city. The traffic in the Los Angeles area is horrible and the public transportation is horrible, so how are people going to get around efficiently? They do not. America needs to eventually get with the program and stop babying their car companies because this is not going to work out in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By:Grace
    Hi,Amy, this essay is really interesting, because you are almost the only one person who holds an totally different idea with us about the public transportation in Riverside. It gives me deep impression because the average waiting time is half an hour. However, the drivers of RTA are very nice.

    ReplyDelete