Tuesday, November 20, 2012

ISI program (Friendship Partner)


By Kayla

  Hi, everyone! How are you doing? Last two weeks and this week, there are total 10 days of holiday. Did you go somewhere? Do you feel American culture?

  Anyway, today I want to talk about the program I found, called “ISI Riverside.”

 
  Before explaining the program, I’ll tell a short story. Because I usually go to native speaker’s house and have some traditional American party at there on the weekend, everyone always ask me how I met her, Nancy. She’s like my host mother, very cheerful and friendly. We became friend when I met her at my room. I thought she is my new housemate, so I was a little bit surprise, but I suddenly thought it is usual in the U.S that some adult go to university to study more deeply. Therefore, we talked a lot; our culture, where we live, why we came here, and change our number. However, I heard a sound from another room, and then a girl came out. At that time, I finally realized she is my housemate. After Nancy left, she invited me to several party, and I wonder a relationship between my housemate and Nancy, so I asked her, then she told me about friendship partner called ISI Program.

  ISI program: They help international students to learn American culture, so they hold some traditional parties. Also they take us to some places. For example, last time they took students to Grand Canyon and hike there. Moreover, they take us to grocery shop, because we don’t have a car. There’s more and more things that I didn’t experience and don’t know. I really thought that I was lucky meeting Nancy. In addition, this time I signed up for friendship partner too, and met with lovely family. However, I still contact with Nancy too, because she’s like my close friend now!
 
  This is a picture of my friendship family and my friend after thanks giving dinner at a church. However, I will have thanks giving dinner at the day too, so this was kind of thanks giving party with people in the church. It was really geat. :)))


  What do you think about this friendship partner? I think this will make your life at the U.S more enjoyable, and meaningful. Everyone is very kind, funny, and helpful. Too kind!! I hope this information will help some of you. Thank you for reading!!

 

P.S
*More information on Facebook ISI Riverside
*If you can’t see FB from some reasons, text me. Maybe I can help you.
  kayla-oxo-12@hotmail.co.jp

 
Thank you!
I hope everyone will have a great thanks giving holidays!

5 comments:

  1. By Rahman Seker

    Hi Kayla,
    Your recommendation is really beneficial for students who want to improve their oral skills and their knowledge about English and American culture. In this way, they can broaden their horizon positively. Even if students feel that they are alone and have no option to do something, they can get rid of this problem with the help of ISI program as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By EVA
    what a wonderful program you participated. According to you describe, I think it can not only help transfer students make new friends, but also help us learn U.S. cultural deeply. can you tell me more detail about that program because I also want to try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your blog,I know you have much impressive and different experience in the U.S.This is a great program I think.And every participator will learn many things in it.It's very helpful!

    By:Rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. by Junyang Wu

    Wow, if most of the Asian students were as adventurous as you. Most foreign students try to stick to their own cliques and they never improve their English or experience another culture. I would be quite interested in joining this program. It is a way for an organization to say that we, the foreign students, are welcome to enjoy and experience American culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By:Grace
    Hi Kayla, this program sounds good. We can get more imformation about American culture, and can make friends with people from different countries. That's interesting.I think I would like to take part in it next quarter. Thank you for sharing this useful imformation to us.

    ReplyDelete