Thursday, October 18, 2012

Something about Nanjing

by: Rain
The day after tomorrow in Beijing Time, my alma mater, Nanjing Agricultural University, will be 110 years old. Happy birthday to her!

Nanjing Agricultural University originated in 1902, its predecessor was Private of Jinling University College of Agriculture and the National University of Agriculture.

Nanjing Agricultural University is located in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province. Nanjing is a very beautiful city with long history. It isn’t a very big city, but the Changjiang River divides it into two parts, one of them is on the northern bank, and the other is on the southern bank. The center of the city and most of the important buildings are in the southern part, including my school.

According to researches, Nanjing has been a capital for almost 500 years, and maybe it is known as the capital of dynasties much more. By the way, the fame of it is due to not only the economy, culture, but also the calamity called Nanjing Massacre. I don’t think it is just a disaster for Chinese, but the same for Japanese.

Now leave the sad thing behind temporarily. Let me introduce you some beautiful historical places. Tomb of Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang is the most famous place, by the way, this place of history interest is almost behind my university; the old city walls in Nanjing are also very famous as the longest walls in actual existence in the whole world; Nanjing Imperial Palace for the Ming Dynasty is also a place worth to go, it is the blue print of the Imperial Palace for the Ming and Qing Dynasties in Beijing.
 

In addition to these historical interests, there are also much landscape scenery. If you want to know more, please come to Nanjing , I’m sure you’ll have a good trip here.

 

1 comment:

  1. By Grace:
    Hi, Rain. Happy birthday to Nanjing Agricultural University~~
    It is kind of you to introduce the historical and beautiful city to us. I always love the city which has rich cultural past, such as Nanjing, Beijing and Pingyao. I have been to Nanjing for twice. However, my friends and I just went to the Qinhuai River and the Confucius Temple over and over. I want to wander new places and to see new sceneries even though the nightscape of Qinhuai River is stunning. If I have chance to back Nanjing, I will go to visit the Tomb and the Imperial Palace. But can you show me the Duck Blood Soup and the Steamed Buns first?

    ReplyDelete